It’s finally here! The biggest update to Wildwood yet. Here’s the list of new features:
- A brand new wave-based level
- A reworked survival level
- Challenging boss ghosts
- Collectable lanterns to upgrade your attacks
- Upgraded controller — super responsive movement
- Upgraded art, lighting and environments
- New gameplay mechanics including: score multipliers, ecto magnets, overcharge bombs and more!
- Deeper Game Center integration with new leaderboards
This has been a massive undertaking that I’ve worked on nights and weekends for the better part of this year. Looking back I think the first new code was back in February.
I think Wildwood really feels like a “game” now. I mean, it’s always attempted to be one, but I feel like it finally has all the pieces in it that make it whole. There’s still a lot more I want to add (already thinking about v5.0 for next Halloween!) but the vision and execution are starting to match up.
Check out the update now! Wildwood: Graveyard Defense
The update launch this year has been a bit wild, hah, so I’ll be making another post eventually going in to all that. For now, I’m already working on 4.1 to tweak a few things 🙂
I want to give a shoutout to James, Matthew and Zach — they’ve given me a ton of advice and help with Wildwood, and without their code help, insane amounts of testing, and outside perspective, the game wouldn’t be what is today. And of course, Lauren, thank you for the reassurances, your unwavering patience, and all the late nights I spent coding away in the cloffice trying to pull this thing together. Your love and support made it all possible.